TABS

Friday, February 2, 2018

My Second Trimester | Pregnancy Must Haves


This will be a comprehensive list (well as much as I can remember) of all my favorites & must haves for my First Trimester in my pregnancy.  My First Trimester was October 2017- January 2018


Glory Glory Hallelujah!   

Second Trimester brings much relief!
Relief in nausea, and relief in anxiety of the what-ifs.... (a bit)
as well as whole lot of This is getting REAL.

In no certain order, here are some of my MUST HAVES for my Second Trimester:


|| background:
I had genetic testing done around 11 weeks (due to concerns from my Dr. and my age (35 at the time!!)
So about a week later we found out the baby's gender.






No matter if you have the early genetic testing done.
(Mine was just a blood test, through my blood, they could gain the baby's DNA -- insane, right??)
You will more than likely find out (if you want to) the baby's gender this trimester!!
Although the most common way is through ultrasound around 20 weeks.


1. Baby Registries
Once we found out the gender, I wanted to start getting all the things in order.
This being my 4th baby, but 5 years since my last... I had gotten rid of ALL THE THINGS, awhile ago and just recently the rest right before we moved... not sure if we'd have any other babies.

So I kinda need everything again.  

I started a registry, as my own personal list (we personally won't be having a shower)
At Amazon Baby Registry and Target Baby Registry.

These are the two places I tend to shop the most, and will purchase the majority what I need for baby.
Starting these registries now have benefits besides main one of getting a list in place or needs and wants that you can start checking off.



With Amazon Baby Registry you can get a free WELCOME BOX when you make just a $10 purchase off your registry.... it can be anything you were gonna buy anyway.. prenatals, maternity wear, belly balm.... anything. I purchased the Boppy Belly Pillow I was going to buy anyway. I just added it to my registry right before I purchased it, the purchased it and it counted!

Another perk, if you have Amazon Prime, are Baby Bucks - you or anyone who uses your registry to buy you a gift earns you "baby bucks" when they purchase items of your list.  Once you have a combined total of $1000 purchased from your registry Amazon will give you $100 dollars to spend on diapers!

This can add up fast, think about anything you'd buy, breast pads, bottles, pregnancy books... just add it to your registry before you purchase it!

Here is what was in my Amazon Baby Welcome Box I recieved in Oct 2017





The swaddle is really nice, all the samples are helpful and it's nice to have a bottle just in case!

The Target Baby Registry free bag of goodies  (which I didn't get a picture of!) is well worth making a registry too!
This one you can make online or in store with one of those fun scanning guns.  Then just ask the customer service desk for your baby registry bag of samples.

My bag was awesome, it came with a bunch of Target coupons too for Maternity wear, and even baby clothes and items from the brand Cloud Island, which is super adorable!  And maybe one of my fav coupons: a B1G1 Free Starbucks drink! :D

It also came with a free bottle, diaper samples and two pacifiers!

These days in the US. Most insurance providers are required to cover a breast pump 100% for expecting moms, depending on your plan you'll have options of what kind of pump is covered and how early you can get it.  I found the website AeroFlow Breastpumps and went through them. It was beyond easy -- they did all the work, they told me what pumps I qualified for, and even contacted my Dr for the prescription.  Once they got the 'script, it was in the mail 2 days later and I got it 2 days via FedEx after that! So easy!!  I'd highly recommend them. You can also get a script from your Dr your self and take it to a medical supply store and pick up a pump locally that way.

I chose the Spectra 2, I've heard great things.


3. Belly Care
This is when I really started needing to rub my growing belly with something to reduce itchyness of stretching skin and to keep in moisturized.  I settled on my favs being Honest Company's Belly Balm and Honest Company's Body oil.  These two work so well on my belly and whole body (let's be real, everything is growing not just my belly!)  I do their bundle program where you can get 5 products for just $35 (I do the household items one) and add these babies when I'm running low.  


4. Liners - like, ya know panty liners.
TMI? But this was an item I started needed again. 



I use & love the reusuable pads & liners from Pink Lemonade Shop monthly when I'm not pregnant and have quite a few of their liners, the "thong cut" is my fav.  But trust me, there is never thong underwear worn with them. No. They're more comfortable, less bulky and work awesome.

5. Breast Pads. Some maynot need these, but I always tend to start leaking (just a little) around 23 weeks and on. So I bought some Bamboobies reusable pads  (<- Amazon Link) and use those if needed.



I actually bought mine of FSA Store using my Flexible Health Savings Account (who knew?)

6. Bras & Underwear
Things are bigger.  I needed to get bigger bras, so I figured I'd go for comfortable bras that can also be used after baby for nursing.  Also I wanted undwear that wasn't touching my tummy at all. 
I found both these items on Amazon & I LOVE THEM. They are so comfortable!

The bras come with extenders, and are comfy.
The undies cover the bum and also are very low in the front. SO COMFY!


  




 



My back started aching so I grabbed one of these belly bands. I really does help lift the pressure off of my lower back and pelvis.



8. And because I can't reach my toes anymore...
Self-explanatory, helps me wash my legs & feet! :D





I hope you found any of these ideas helpful! Leave me a message below what are some of things you were loving during your Second Trimester!!






No comments:

Post a Comment