TABS

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

My FIRST TRIMESTER | Pregnancy Must Haves


This will be a comprehensive list (well as much as I can remember) of all my favorites & must haves for my First Trimester in my pregnancy.  My First Trimester was July-October 2017.



First off, the obvious.  

Week 4 (like a day or two after my missed period)

1. Pregnancy tests I used the cheap 88cent ones from Walmart, when I got a positive on that I bought one of the digital tests... just so I could see the word "pregnant", honestly.







 || a little big of background||
Me and my husband have been blessed with fertility.
We first tried in July to concieve and it worked. I have been trackng my periods on the Period Tracker app for YEARS and I've always been regular. I also know the signs of my body when it's ovulating. The only birth control I've used for the past 11 years was Paraguard IUD. I had just had my second one taken out in Feb 2017.

Once I got the positive!! YAY!!  I 1. Thanked the Lord!  2. Downloaded a couple pregnancy apps.
3. Called a Dr.  (having just moved to this state the month before I didn't have any.  But I did already have pediatrician for my kids and asked her for a referral at their first visit (I didn't know I was prego then, just that I wanted to be).  So I called one she recommended and the schedualed me for a 10 week appointment.  

OH! That seemed like such a long time away!

-----------

2. Pregnancy Apps on my Phone. {I must note: I have and Android}
I wanted to know all the things. Size of baby and to start keeping track of my weeks!
I tried a few out , and ended up sticking with and loving Ovia ( I really liked the "baby is the size of a..." options they have best) and the Bump (their 3D baby model videos are great!)  as well as BabyCenter for the community...which brings me to my next must.

3. Birth Clubs
A quick search on Facebook led me to my "April 2018 Baby Club", just a private FB group of moms due the same month as you. Great for sharing experiences & asking questions!

Also, BabyCenter... the app & the website have "Birth Club" groups and I like getting the daily digest of of questions in an email each night to see what mamas like me are going through & asking!

4. Books
I also decided to grab a few books, I like to be old school and read a physical book sometimes.
I ended up with




those are just a few I have, the options are endless on Amazon though! Check Ebay too.

5. A "bump photo" editor.
I used the PhotoFy app on my phone (have for years, it's FREE and it's great for editing and adding fun graphics to all kinds of photos, but I did buy the specific add-on I use for $1.99, if you're searching it was the "PAPER SO PRETTY" package)

 

Super cute!

6. If you star feeling nauseous, you may have to find a few remedies. 
Mine was minimal, and mostly just a little queasiness...  a lot of smells set me off (so getting rid of harsh scents worked... like I couldn't NOT burn my beloved Bath And Body Works fall candles, I could NOT smell cat litter (good thing I wasn't supposed to go near it anyway), My Method all purpose spray HAD TO GO. I got some Seventh Generations SCENT FREE all purpose spray that worked well.

Also, just keeping a good 'ol bottle of Peppermint essential oil with me at all times to smell when I was smelling something funky or feeling sick... really did help me a lot.

7. Comfy clothes. 
My bump was minimal, but when ever I'd wear anything tight on my tummy (my VS leggings, or jeans) I would feel MORE NAUSEOUS... so I got a couple pair of maternity jeans from Target (the under the belly kind and they were comfy) and a pair of maternity leggings from Target...the OVER the belly kind -- these were the most comfortable things (although a tiny bit big in the beginning... I wore them all the throughout and were my most fav thing of all)

8. Journal
You'll want to keep track and look back on big dates (first dr. apt, first ultrasound, and your feelings...)
Mine was just a simple notebook - not fancy. But I'm sure if you'd like fancy, you can find those too.

9. And last but not least -- probably the most important. VITAMINS
Prenatal Vitamins to be exact. I was taking them before I got pregnant, but once nausea set in, the pill was a NO, and I had to pick up some gummies -- they worked great. I got this brand.


Those were just some of the MUST HAVES I could remember.
If you have different ones to add... leave them in a message below! They could be so helpful to someone else!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment