TABS

Monday, May 20, 2019

The Refuge | A busy mom's book review

I received a copy of Ann H. Gabhart's book The Refuge from Revel for review.
-----
I chose this book because last year I read one of Ann's books and fell in love with her writing, characters and story.  I was excited to pick up another of her novels.




This did not disappoint, this novel was easy to read (despite being 390 pages), it did take me over a month because #momlife,  but whenever I found free time to pick this up I was delighted.

This is a story set in the time when the Shakers were in full force.
I knew nothing of the Shakers/Quakers before starting this book but gained much interesting knowledge from this book and the googling it led me to do. They were a fascinating group.  This story highlights the good & bad of sect.

Ann H. Gabhart's historical novels have been so enjoyable, I'm eager to read more & more.

No comments:

Post a Comment